We need to move from one state to another state. What should I do to make it smooth and safe? The question is ‘How to Move From New York to Texas’?
It is not easy to move as a whole family. We had to make this decision due to some very important reasons. I tried to google it as we all do when we need to find about something or have any question. There was nothing related to what I needed. I found information about moving companies and cost to move from NY to TX but there was not any moving time preparation or checklist. So, I decided to create one.
It is interesting that we moved a lot as a family. I know it needs complete preparation when it is time to move. Moving times are not easy times. But if we do it in an organized way by making a checklist and keeping track of everything, it becomes easier. I am making a timeline according to my moving time checklist. Few things will take more time than others. For example, we need to spare more time for lease or selling. We need to take care of the lease in New York .
Where in Texas
It’s a plan to buy a house in Texas. We are still in the process of selecting a city.
Is it San Antonio? San Antonio is a very beautiful city.
There are a lot of worth seeing places in San Antonio.
I am so excited to see them.
Mission, Tx is also one of our options.
Which University is Better
When we move as a family, the selection of a university or college becomes an important step.
What Do I Need to Do if I Am Moving
The answer to this question is slightly different from family to family, but basic things are same for each family. Making mind and start doing planning is the first step. Some elements which can make one plan different from the others are; Number of family members, distance between the two places, and our budget for moving.
Moving Time Checklist
- Documents collection ( School, office, bank, doctor, or other documents).
- Organizing, sorting, cleaning, Packing, and selling some stuff. ( Garage Sale Time)
- Taking care of a lease or selling.
- Buying few very important things.
- Finding a job. I am so happy that I work from home, so I don’t need to worry about at least one thing. I am so happy that I found Wealthy Affiliate. I am working online as an affiliate. After creating a wonderful website, I am making a decent amount of money to take care of all my expenses. So, I am not worried about finding a job or starting a new business when we are moving from one state to another state. I am so blessed….that I found Wealthy Affiliate program! I never studied business or web designing but now due to Wealthy affiliate training and support, I am able to build my own online business. I am doing affiliate marketing right now but in the future I will do my own business here from the same platform because I can create my own 50 websites here. It gives me a sense of freedom and independence.
- Shipping or moving some important stuff.
- Getting the donations ready.
Moving Time budget
There is a cost involved to moving. We need moving time budget. Amount of the cost depends on how much you can afford. It can be reduced or increased to a certain level if you plan well.
Do I Need Moving Companies
The answer to this question can be different family to family. There are few options.
- Sea and Air
- A lot of other companies, for example, uship, upack, allied, flatrate, etc.
My husband and I decided to buy a truck.
We want to drive to TX in our own truck.
Yes….. I think it is our
but you can decide as you want.
This choice suits our family. I will send my two children by air and my husband and I will be driving a long drive. A very long drive. We are thinking to bring books, clothes, and some kitchen utensils. We might bring some furniture too. But I am planning to leave a lot of good stuff to donate.
The process of moving has started and the objective of creating this post will be achieved if it can help you. I hope it guides you in the right direction. I pray that wherever you are moving you are safe and the process is smooth! Let me know how did it go so I can make my post better by adding your experiences.
So, thank you all and I would love to read your comments, suggestions, and questions. You can leave them below in the comment section and I will get back to you with the replies.